079 Don't Let Coaching Sessions Drag
We already know that sales coaching is important - even high-performing salespeople need regular training and feedback to become better. However, getting started with sales coaching can feel overwhelming, especially if salespeople view coaching as a needless waste of time.
In today's episode, we'll explore ways to get the most out of your coaching sessions. We'll also discuss why our best intentions when coaching our direct reports can hinder their development and result in frustration for them and us.
What You'll Learn:
- How to ensure your coaching sessions are super effective
- Why coaching should not be a polite conversation
- How many issues you should addres during a coaching session
- The role of accountability in sales coaching
- Keys to influential sales coaching
- How to structure a sales coaching session
- The pros and cons of being a human-oriented coach
If you're not getting the results you need to unlock your team's revenue potential, reconsider and review your sales coaching methods. Just like it's extremely unlikely to find an elite athlete without an equally top-class coach, you cannot have high-performing salespeople without an effective coach.
Links and Resources