048 Massive Turnover in Your Sales Team is Good? with Mike Stark from Welco
Michael Stark is the Sales Director at Welco Expediting Limited, one of Canada's largest distributors of industrial plant processing equipment. Mike is also a business development and sales growth strategist who’s passionate about supporting focused and productive teams to build client-focused eco-systems. We discuss why massive turnover in your sales team can be a good thing and what to do when a salesperson leaves your organization.
What You'll Learn:
- How massive turnover in your sales team can be a positive thing
- Main reasons for high turnover among sales teams
- What to do when salespeople start leaving your organization
- Best practices for strengthening a skinny sales funnel
- How to predict turnover on your sales team
- How sales leaders address low confidence in their sales teams
- Self-care tips for sales leaders
- Mike's advice to his younger self on proper leadership
Although the common belief in sales is that turnover in your team is a bad thing, anytime a salesperson leaves the team, you get the opportunity to upgrade your talent. Top-performing sales leaders understand that turnover is a necessary evil because it sets high expectations and eliminates tolerance for mediocrity.
Links and Resources:
- "If you think finding a good salesperson is hard, try retaining a top-performing salesperson."