052 Don't Hire a Salesperson Until You Absolutely Have to with Adam Boyd from Northwood Group
Adam Boyd is the Principle of the Northwood group, a business consulting firm that provides consulting services for small and mid-market businesses on sales and sales leadership. He works with owners, presidents, sales leaders, and CEOs who won't settle for mediocrity, focusing on designing, building and installing processes and systems for sales growth.
Tune in to learn why sales leadership is the loneliest role in the organization, the benefits of keeping things simple, and why you shouldn't hire a salesperson until you absolutely need to.
What You'll Learn:
- Must-haves to consider before hiring a salesperson
- Why sales leadership is the loneliest job in an organization
- Burst your targets with an autonomous sales team
- What to do when struggling to build an autonomous sales team
- Practical tools for direct, clear, honest conversations
- The benefits of keeping things simple in sales
- The main reasons why sales training fails and how you can fix it
Most organizations believe hiring a new salesperson might be the solution to all their problems. But that might actually make things worse. Why? Because hiring a salesperson too early is the fastest way to distract the organization and waste both money and time. Adam sBoyd reveals that the only time you are allowed to make your first sales hire is when you have a process that clearly outlines how you acquire customers and close deals.
Links and Resources:
- Adam Boyd’s LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/theadampboyd/
- Northwood Group - https://thenorthwoodgrp.com/
- Leadersforum.co - https://leadersforum.co/
- Full Funnel Freedom https://fullfunnelfreedom.com
- The Sandler Summit 2023 https://www.hamish.sandler.com/orlando
- Sandler on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sandler_yyc/
- Sandler in Calgary - www.hamish.sandler.com/howtosandler
- Connect with Hamish Knox on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/hamishknox/
- Sponsorship or guest inquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
- "The CEO is the first salesperson in the organization. Very rarely have I seen a salesperson who can sell better than the owner or the founder." - Adam Boyd